Applications for the Class of 2020 open 8 March 2019
Who we are
The central purpose of The Mandela Rhodes Foundation is to build exceptional leadership capacity in Africa. The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship is a combination of financial support for postgraduate studies and a high quality Leadership Development Programme.
Who can apply for a Mandela Rhodes Scholarship?
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries and is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions.
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded).
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply.
- Applicants must possess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2020.
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results and reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship.
- Applicants must be able to attend all compulsory elements of our leadership development programme. These activities can occur during the week or on weekends.
Deadline and next steps
Applications for the Class of 2020 are now closed.
For more information about the Characteristics sought in a Mandela Rhodes Scholar click here.
For more information about what the Leadership Development Programme involves, click here.
For more information about the Scholarship and application process, visit the Apply section of the website.
Follow us on Social Media to receive updates and reminders.
Facebook: The Mandela Rhodes Foundation